Monday, October 10, 2011

My blog hop winners are......

Day 1 - craftaholic from  DCWV Blossom Song stack

Day 2 - Patrica from More Fun than Therapy  DCWV French Country Stack

Congrats ladies. Just let me know where to send them.

I want to thank everyone that stopeped by for your wonderful comments. My first blog hop was so much fun.

Sunday, October 9, 2011


To the second day of the blog hop. If you got here from txscrappermom then you're in the right place. My theme is still Halloween. Leave a comment by Oct 10th and you will be entered into the drawing for a 12x12 DCWV stack.

Today I have a card, a candy box, and a plaque.

Here is the gypsy file for this card. I stamped the orange card with a background stamp from Northwood Rubber Stamps. I used the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder with my Cuttlebug to add texture to the black strip. The Cricut cuts are from Pumpkin Carving, Mini Monograms, and Plantin Schoolbook. For the spider I used a glittered fun foam one I picked up at the store. For the greeting I used the Word Window punch and word set from Stampin Up. The saying is attached with brads and I added ribbon on the top.

This is just a fun candy box. I made these for my grandchildren to give out at school. For this box I used    Wedding, George and Basic Shapes, Mini Monograms, and Paper Doll  Dress Up gypsy file). For the pillow box, I used the hide/contour to hide the cut out window. I also customized the size of the box so it was just the right size for a snack size bad of M&Ms. I held the black strip and pillow box  together with Terrifically Tacky Tape. In hind site I would use a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give the strip some texture. I glued the wiggly eyes on before I attached the bat. The bat is held on using a dimensional glue dot.

For this project I used A Child's Year and Stamped. I bought a decorative metal sign and spray painted it orange. The flat area on the sign is 5x18. I used the 12x24 mat so I could put it on all at once. The witches are cut at 3.5" with on flipped. the CAUTION letters are 2.10" and witch crossing is cut a 1.5". All images are cut out of  Oracal 631 vinyl. I know that most people cut it at 3 3 3 but in the class I took and in the PC box of vinyl it has 6 for the blade depth and 2 for the pressure. Based on how intricate the design, I adjust the speed although with the gypsy, I have no control over that. This is a pretty simple sign but here is the gypsy file if you would like it.

The rest of these pictures are decorations I cut from vinyl to decorate my house.
Side light

Front door


Front window

Thanks for stopping by. The next stop on the hop is blingdazzler.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Welcome to the Hop

Welcome to my first ever blog hop! If you arrived from Blingdazzler you are in the right place. I decided to use Halloween as my theme. Today I'm focusing on wearables. Leave a comment by Oct 9th will be entered into the drawing for a 12x12 DCWV stack.

I made these shirts for my grandchildren using heat set vinyl and Pumpkin Carving.

I added bling to the eyes of my granddaughter's. These are simple cuts but if you are interested in the gypsy file, click here

The next shirt was inspired by a shirt I saw at Kmart. I thought it was funny so i couldn't resist making my own.

None of these images were made with the Cricut but I did use my Yudu. All the images I found online. The font used is called Liquidism part 2 regular. Because my printer only does 8.5 x 11 and the emulsion sheets are bigger, I printed out the hat by itself and then cut around it and taped it on the left side on top of the saying making sure it all fits the width of the emulsion.

 I decided to to also use glitter, so I burned another screen on the 70 mesh screen.
I made sure to line up the words from both screens before they were burned. First I used the black ink. I allowed the ink to dry. Then using the 70 mesh screen I pulled the glue through and then sprinkled with glitter. I found the Yudu glue to be really thick. I watered it down but I think it could have been watered down more. I used the Yudu glitter. I allowed glue to dry, shook off excess glitter and heat set 4 minutes on both sides using high heat. Make sure to use a press cloth. I used my I-rock to add the studs around the neck and sleeves. If you would like the PDF, let me know.  

My last project is a onsie I made for my grandson.

I again used my Yudu. I used the same font as my last shirt and the bats I found online too. I used glow in the dark ink.

This was the best picture I could get with my camera so you have to look hard. Below is the jpg for the onsie.

Thanks for stopping by. Your next stop is txscrappermom.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Blop Hop

Don't forget to join me for my first ever blop hop. I'm particpating with some very talented ladies. Tomorrow my posts will be on Halloween wearables and on Sunday cards and decor.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Machine embroidery

I bought an embroidery machine when I was at the State Fair. I have been drooling for years. I came across some real cute designs on Embroidery Library and decided to give it a try. I had seen some cute Halloween bibs at the store so I decided to try it myself. Here is the result.

I have since learned that I should have put water soluable stabilizer on the top to hold down the terry cloth loops. Doing embroidery is so much fun