CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's been awhile since...

I've posted on my blog. I have been getting things ready to enter into the State Fair. I was in such a hurry to get them done, I forgot to take pictures to post so I will have to do that after the fair.

I just finished making another book bag. This one is for my grandson DJ. He started pre school and is a Cars fan. This time I used inkjet printable heat set vinyl. I found it is different from regular heat set vinyl. You print and cut it and then remove the backing. The vinyl is a lot thinner. I also found out the hard way that in order to layer, ie. Speed I am Speed, the first layer needs to be cooled. If the layer is hot, the next one will automatically fuse to it and if it's not lined up, you will have to start all over. .


I used the Disney Cars cartridge. McQueen it cut at 6" and the saying 2". Since the last 2 Cricut Craft Room updates,you are no longer able to cut and print an image all at once.I found I had an older version on my old hard drive and it worked! All the colors used with the exception of the tongue are preloaded colors on the Imagine. The tongue color came from Best Friends. This vinyl cuts very nice. To iron on, I used the parchment paper that came with it and had my iron on the hottest setting. It is ironed for 2 minutes. I have never used this before so I'm not sure how it holds up to washing but will post when I do.

Tomorrow I'm off to our local Scrapbook Expo. I hope to get a few layouts done.


1 comment: